Top 5 Fast Food Restaurants in the World

Top 5 Fast Food Restaurants in the World

Whether you are a kid, a teenager, or an adult, you probably have heard the term “fast food.” This term refers to fast food items sold at restaurants and other commercial establishments. Fast food is mass produced and is intended for resale as a commodity. It emphasizes speed of service.


Known for its hamburgers, french fries and soft drinks, McDonald’s is the largest fast food chain in the world. The chain has been around for more than 70 years.

McDonald’s first restaurant was opened by Maurice McDonald and his brother Richard in San Bernardino, California, in the 1940s. The McDonald brothers were experimenting with selling ready-made hamburgers at a low price. They started selling 15-cent burgers in the 1940s. They spruced up the design of their restaurant, introducing a red and white color scheme.

The brothers had a rotating platform that sped up the assembly of the hamburger and bun. They also changed the drink containers to cone-shaped cups.


Founded in 1969, Wendy’s is the third-largest hamburger fast food chain in the United States. It has more than 6,700 outlets in North America, and has been ranked by some as the best fast food chain.

While the company is mostly known for its hamburgers and sea salt fries, Wendy’s is also known for other unique menu items. The company introduced a salad bar in 1979, and has been credited for introducing fresh tomatoes and lettuce into the fast food menu. In addition, Wendy’s is known for its frozen dessert, Frosty.

The Wendy’s logo features a small redheaded girl with a smile. This is based on Dave Thomas’ daughter, Wenda. The company also redesigned its logo in 2013, using a more modern script.


Despite the growing number of fast food restaurants in the market, KFC remains the market leader in chicken. Aside from chicken, KFC also sells sandwiches, salads, soft drinks, and coleslaw.

KFC has more than 18,000 outlets in over 120 countries. Approximately 60% of the restaurants are franchised, whereas the other 40% are directly managed by the company.

KFC has been involved in various joint ventures with local operators to expand its market share. The company is also testing new products.

The company offers a variety of food options including boneless chicken, mild chicken, and spicy chicken. There are also chicken wings that are flavored with kidneys.


Among the plethora of fast food restaurants, Subway stands out. This is because it provides healthy food and competitive pricing. It is also one of the first fast food companies to grow on its own.

Subway serves millions of guests every day in over 100 countries. It has more locations than any other fast food chain. It has 38,181 restaurants across the globe.

The Subway opened more than four hundred eating places in India in 2013. It offers a wide array of fresh food. It is also known for its healthy made-to-order sandwiches.

Subway has also launched the cheesy garlic bread. It also has a drive-thru service. In addition, it offers home delivery services. This helps to improve sales.

Burger King

Founded in 1953 in Miami-Dade County, Florida, Burger King is a multinational fast food chain with more than 7,600 locations worldwide. A few years after its creation, Burger King became the second largest fast food chain in the United States.

When the chain was originally founded, the company’s name was Insta-Burger King. After a few years, the name was changed to Burger King.

Burger King had a successful early run with its signature Whopper. However, the company did not do well in the international arena. In fact, its international operations never became profitable.

In the late 1970s, Burger King decided to change its strategy. Instead of focusing on the burger, the company started focusing on new customer acquisition. They began implementing handwashing rules and disinfecting all of their items. Eventually, the company added a table service option to its restaurants. This strategy proved to be lucrative.

Dutch fast food sauces

Various sauces are served with Dutch fast food. The most common are mayonnaise and ketchup. The Dutch love their fried snacks and often have a meal consisting of fries. Typically, these fries are served on a plate.

There are also various meat snacks, such as patat. Patat is a thick French fry that is served in a paper cone. Traditionally, it is served with a generous dollop of sauce. The Dutch also like their meat snacks marinated in peanut sauce.

There are also various soups that are an integral part of Dutch cuisine. Soups include vlaai, which is made with pastry or fruit filling. The Dutch also eat oorlog, which is a combination of raw onions, mayo, and peanut satay sauce.



Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *